Fighting Indians Band Boosters
The parents and interested members of the community, with the agreement and support of the school district, have organized the Fighting Indians Band Boosters, Inc. This group enjoys a unique relationship with Vero Beach High School as an affiliate extension support group for the band program. The success of the boosters is due, in large part, to the unique partnership between the school and boosters, and to the active participation of students, parents, and community. By definition, the role of our booster organization is to "boost" the band program in a positive manner through the presentation of a "united front" in support of the students, other parent volunteers, and the band director(s). Membership is open to all interested parents and members of the community.
Some of the specific objectives of the boosters include:
- To stimulate and maintain an enthusiastic interest and support for all phases of the band program.
- To cooperate with those in charge of the band and the school to the end that the band be brought to and kept at the highest degree of excellence.
- To develop a close working relationship between parents, students, and director(s).
- To promote the knowledge, performance, and appreciation of quality music.
- To assist in fundraising to finance certain extras and enrichments not provided for in the school budget;
- To augment and encourage educational trips as sanctioned by the school.
- To provide volunteer support as needed for the various activities and functions of the band.
Please check the band calendar for the meeting dates.